what is the best religion?

FallenAngel1

Oct 17, 2008
can someone tell me what religion is the most logical one? which religion makes sense? which one does not portrait god as a bloody human hating and meat burning evil monster?

I'll make a pitch for Buddhism, which doesn't bother with a god-concept at all.

“Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity.” -- Albert Einstein

I'm not a Buddhist, but I've studied a LOT of religions, and Buddhism seems the most level-headed of them all. You're actually encouraged to question things, even what the Buddha himself said, rather than take anything on faith.

Check out Buddhism. No mention of a 'God' per se - more focus on how to be a kind, loving human being.

I once asked a Buddhist monk if they believed in God, and he said something like God is such a complex and mysterious concept, how can we hope to understand it with our limited human minds?

Made alot of sense to me.

Loving Yahweh and loving people.

That requires no religion.

"Everything else is just complicated... If you keep it simple like this then you will please the Father. If you know love then you know the father, for God is love."

God bless!

None really but Jainism is at least quite peaceful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism

If you're looking for direction in the world, I suggest learning as much as you can about it through science and drawing your own conclusions.

Christianity does not portray God that way. That is the way of the Devil. The Devil is a trickster who always seeks to harm and accuse. God tells the truth always even though his followers are not perfect. No one is perfect except He who has perfect wisdom. We seek to learn from God because he is true and has perfect wisdom.

There is no 'best' religion. They each appeal to everyone in different ways and for different reasons. I suggest working out what it is exactly that you are looking for from religion, spiritualityy, love, personal fulfillment etc. and then find what religion best suits what you are looking for.
And also your religion will make sense if you truly believe in it.
Hope that helped somehow :)

Yeah, good luck getting a sound answer to that one.

Here's a very good description of pretty much every religion in the world. They very unbiased, so you won't find any judgements of the beliefs written about.

The most non-violent, inclusive beliefs I've found are Unitarian Universalism, Neopaganism, Ba'hai, and Buhddism. Have fun reading about all of them!

http://www.religioustolerance.org/var_rel.htm

Back