How do I check Verizon and Sprint ESN/HEX/DEX/IMEI numbers?

R

ripkenfan86

I buy, repair, and sell cell phones on eBay as a hobby. I have a large lot of Verizon and Sprint cell phones. I need to check each Verizon and Sprint phone to find out if they are able to be activated. Verizon told me that unless I am an authorized dealer or a Verizon customer they cannot give me that information. Is there any other way for me to check each phone by its identification numbers to find out if it is able to be activated, or am I out of luck?

just call and be like i want to check if this phone is able to activated, i do it all the time. but one at a time not all with the same representative

Verizon will only let you check if you have account, Sprint same way

There is a site called checkesn.com...they charge .99 per esn, but if you're buying and selling in large quantities, might be a smart investment for you.

checkesn.com

that site is only for sprint phones beware

Verizon ESN Check

You can do it here:
[a href="http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=serviceOnly&action=enterEsn"]Set Your Location[/a]

Copy and paste the url between the quotes into your browser.

After you select your location, just type in one ESN after another.
No account needed.

I tried this and it told me to call customer support. Is it stolen????

You can do it here:
[a href="http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=serviceOnly&action=enterEsn"]Set Your Location[/a]

Copy and paste the url between the quotes into your browser.

After you select your location, just type in one ESN after another.
No account needed.
Thanks worked for me! :D

Not necessarily stolen. Could be money is owed to the last service provider for that phone.

If it says call customer support. Does that mean bad esn? And it's stolen or has been lost?

Not Necessarily

It can mean several things.

1. It is on the lost/stolen list
2. It is on a closed account or an account with an unpaid bill
3. Sometimes there is just an error with their system.

95% of the time it means bad esn, for whatever reason. On occasion it's just a glitch.

hi. i have a few phones i wanna fix, can i send them to you and get them fixed? i can give you more details about them. just give me ur ebay user name.

I tried checking mine and it said call customer service. No, you're phone wasn't stolen because the phone I checked is MY PHONE. I'm trying to sell it, and am just trying to double check the ESN. I called Verizon a while ago and the person I talked to said it was okay to activate with a new number. I don't know why it's not working... anyone know anything about it?

If it says call customer service that means that it can't be activated. Either lost, stolen or has a bill attached to it.

Doesn't always work

This doesn't always work. I tried 2 phones that said call customer support and they said both the phones are good to go. I activated both already just fine.

It works if you clear your browser history. I just tried it on two different devices and it worked with no problems. The first time before I cleared my browser history it was giving me an error message.

Back