Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    stability and comitment in the relationship. (i dunno, i'm straight)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The satisfaction of being treated as equals under law, if not in society as well.

Oh, and the ability to be miserable with their spouse like the rest of us! I don't see why my wife can say "oh, he's my husband." when two guys get away with being "friends" or "partners". I would pay good money to just be "friends" again!

Junior Member JacobBlask'sLover<3's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beats me. They would be able to be on their "partner's" health insurance if they didn't have any. They would be able to collect their partner's social security if they should pass away. I guess they'll save money. They could get wedding presents. I'm reaching here!

Downloads
    Uploads
    nothing...absolutely nothing and it go's against everything

Downloads
    Uploads
    The IRS does not accept civil unions as the equivalent to marriage. Tax rates are lower for married couples. Therefore the IRS is discriminating against them because they can not receive the same tax break as offered to non-gays.

Not all employers that provide insurance to the spouse of a married person can provide insurance to domestic partners.

Civil unions are not recognized by other states. If a couple forms a civil union or domestic partnership in one state, it has no bearing if they move.

There are a few real examples.

If we are going to create a new marriage class :"civil unions" because the church objects to gays being married, where does it stop? There are still some religious groups that oppose mixed race marriage. How about couples that won't or can't have children? If the idea behind marriage is to encourage procreation, then we should force those people in to civil unions instead of marriage as well.

I still can't see how granting a class of people the same rights as everyone else diminishes the rights of everyone else. It just boggles my mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Insurance, the rights to make decisions in a situation like "illness" when their spouses are sick. Gay people are religious too. Not all religions believe being gay is a sin, they should beable to have the same rights all people, they vote and pay their taxes too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234