Is there such a tracking device?

Karl

Jun 10, 2008
I can only ask this very generally. I haven't the faintest idea what it should be.

Is there a scanner/ receiver available that we can use to track the position of something moving in a building or premises?

For example, in GPS, the GPS satellite is able to track and locate the position of any object installed with GPS equipment,

Using the same concept, is there a domestic tracking device we can use to track anything we want to track? For example, in addition to just connecting wirelessly to a computer in a wireless network, the server in the network is able to know the position of the computer. Is there such a device that can give the location of the computer? Likewise, if you fear you loose your keys, yo may install a tracking device in yor home to track the position of the key..

My question is this. Is there such a device that can receive information from transmitting devices as well as locate their positions?

For about £99 you can buy a pet tracker. fit it to your pets coller and it will record your pets movements on a PC.
You could use it for children too.
There are bluetooth tags and a signal strength meter which will give you a distance and direction up to about 30 ft.

we have one in work which we use to track various tools. like the first answer it does use RFID and the name of the application is called aeroScout. there are what look like dishes every few meters in the factory and each piece of equipment has a RFID tag attached to it that is about 3inch X 3inch

the company I work for uses so-called 'RFID'-identity tags. We use those to track our bosses and managers in the building when goofing off. Works accurate up to approx. 15 yards (time enough to snub out the cigarette and look busy!)

the company I work for uses so-called 'RFID'-identity tags. We use those to track our bosses and managers in the building when goofing off. Works accurate up to approx. 15 yards (time enough to snub out the cigarette and look busy!)

Back