Is there some way you can connect to the internet wirelessly from anywhere?

emmaaae

Aug 25, 2008
I know this is a stupid question but me plus technology = confused haha.
Anyway, i know you get like wireless routers and stuff.
But is there anyway you can like connect to the internet like on a train, or in a park or something?
Like somehow connect to a wireless network or whatever and then they just like charge the usage to your account?

I am aware this is a stupid question lol, but i'm so confused haha.

xx
Like if i was to go on holiday, could i connect to the internet with my laptop, without like being in a hotel.
I know people do it on trains etc...BUT HOW. haha.
It confuses me lol :]
thaaankyou. i knew it would be super simple. it all makes sense now haha :]
and "Duhhhh yes!" wasnt exactly a great answer honey.

But thanks to the folk who actually explained it ahah :]

No thats impossible... You can't connect to a wifi that doesn't exist...

Verizon and At&t have wirless internet, you buy the adaptor for your laptop, and plug it in, and anywhere you get cell phone service, you get internet, but its kinda high, its like somewhere around 50 bucks, go to www.verizonwireless.com and check it out or www.at&t.com
Hope I helped

It's called an air card and has to be installed on your laptop plus you'll need an ISP account

Not a silly question at all.

I have a Nokia N95 phone, which when I connect to my laptop I can use it to connect to the internet.

Basically, wherever there is a 3G signal (In the UK) I connect to the internet through my phone network. I pay my phone provider a small fee each month to be able to do this.

You can also get USB sticks to plug into your laptop which work on the same network, usually paying X amount to the service provider each month.

It's to do with Wireless HotSpots and satelites. As the number of satelites are going up the wireless availability is also going up. However you may find that a lot of places that allow wireless connections will charge you like cafes etc.

they have a plug in item that costs about $50, i forget what its called i'm sorry. what happens is it's a antenna and it connects with a server which connects to the internet database/server.
its not been solidly invented yet, but engineers are working on sending the internet to outer space completely. thus you'd be able to get a connection using satellites and antennas from anywhere on earth. antennas are too weak now to send that much information, which is why we dont have these yet. but hey they'll come eventually.

most cell phone companies offer this. It is not wifi but still better than nothing.

Of course. There are number of people who offer internet coverage over most of the nation. It is called mobile broadband.

Back