Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spiritually speaking, how many of you think 9/11 was a conspiracy?

9/11 affected me very much in a bad way. I always thought it was impossible that 19 men could cause so much destruction. i had been to USA before 2001 and the airport security was VERY STRICT. i always watch 9/11 rememberance vids on youtube, which really upset me. But most of the videos are all about conspiracy theories, coincidences and what not. Just want your thoughts. And please dont comment on the fact that im a muslim. i though 9/11 was so sad and it sickens me as much as anyone. thanks in advance for your answers.
    here are some of the reasons that make me ask the question :
    a) loads of people reported hearing many explosions inside the building, coming from the basement.
    b) where the plane hit, there are pics and vids of a woman(named as Edna) waving from the plane-shaped hole with fire burning all around her. if the fire was intense enough to melt the steel that supported the building, how come she stayed in the heat NEXT TO the fire for more than 20 mins waving?
    c) fire experts have said that the way the building "fell in on itself" is totally impossible.
    d)the guy who apparently flew the plane into the first tower learned to fly in an american flying school. his teacher later stated he found it impossible to believe because he said the guy was one of the worst trainee-pilots he ever encountered, and that "he couldnt fly at all".

Lynnie : thank you for an honest and heart-felt answer. i know how you feel. ive been to both america and london. i have pics of myself outside wtc when i was 11 years old with my family. my aunt worked in tower 2 for years and left 1 year before 9/11. i guess whats hardest for me, is that as a muslim, i find it inconceivable that these guys claimed they did it for islam. The Quran never allowed such things. Islam would never allow such things. but its not just coz im muslim. i really still find it heart-breaking and as terrible as it sounds, i wonder why the planes werent shot down when it was clear they were under attack? i wonder why there are so many coincidences. even the way the buildings collapsed, just never looked right to me. it hurts me an awful lot that people do this stuff in the name of Islam.
    note to the wizard : em, if u see my avatar im sure you'll agree i do look like a muslim. i do agree with you definitely on the pentagon. it is the most cctv-ed building in the world and apparently they only ever allowed 1 camera's tape to be released. im not trying to offend anyone here. or defend muslims. i just want to know what other peoples thoughts are

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the fact that more than one person was involved means it was a conspiracy. Airport security and our borders for that matter were not very secure back then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it was pure evil terrorism, why would a country do that to themselves???

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would seem obvious that some people conspired.
    It wasn't a lone gunman.

That, of course, does not mean the whole Muslim community was in on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Conspiracy?
    Yes, a conspiracy planned and executed by Al-Qaeda to perform terrorist acts in USA using planes crashing on specific targets in NYC and Washington DC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a conspiracy it was planed since the bombing of the basement of WTC in '91. Bush didnt do nothing to prevent though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why the irrelevant 'Spiritually speaking'?
    It was an act of terrorism. Many other planes have been hijacked.
    The Muslims that carried out that attack were evil. They did it because they were evil, not because they were Muslims.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think someone turned a blind eye.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont think it was a conspiracy. It was an evil act of terrorism.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course the 9/11 incident was planned. You cannot fly large airplanes into large buildings if it is not planned. Come on...

However, you say 'spritually speaking' and 'conspiracy'. What I think is being questioned is the publicly presented statements of 'facts' about the incident. On that issue, I do indeed have my own questions and some misgivings. While it is clear that 2 airplanes smashed into the World Trade Centre that day, I am not convinced that an airplane smashed into the Pentagon. I can only go on what information I have been presented with, and on that issue, I am far from satisfied with the official line. This is re-inforced by the fact that it would be so easy for the establishment to provide clear evidence, but that I do not see. So I have to ask myself, why?

Is it a religeous conspiracy? I am sure that it was perpetrated by religeous fundemantalists. What I am not sure about is the wider picture regarding who planned and was involved with this, and how it was organised.

On the other hand, we have to be just as careful not to be distracted by conspiracy theorists. Because I do not trust the establishment to tell the truth at all times, nor to explain the agenda that drives them, tends to make me scpetical and suspicious, but that is not the same as buying into any conspiracy theories.

"And please dont comment on the fact that im a muslim". If you had not said that, then how would anyone have known that you were, which raises the point why did you say that at all?

The issues involved with the events of 9/11 have nothing to do with you being a muslim or not. Even if the perpetrators were muslim does not make you guilty if you did not have anything to do with it, even if you sympathise with it (which you do not seem to from your comments).

My point is that I think it unlikely that most of us know exactly what went on from the beginning to the terrible end of this tragedy, and unfortunately are unlikely ever to do so. This says more about the state of our society(s) than it does about those who perpetrated the tragedy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast