I use a laptop while im living away from home whilst im at university. When I first got my laptop I was able to access IE via wireless fine and then when I went to university I could access it fine via an ethernet cable.

When I began going to university though I somewhere along the line lost the ability to access IE via wireless whilst still being able to carry on accessing it via the ethernet cable.

Since leaving my old university housing I lost the ability to access the internet via IE because my new housing only has wireless.

I have since though discovered that I can use Mozilla firefox to access the internet wirelessly as it works fine. I did install firefox during my first year at university but it did not however work when I initially installed it but during the summer when I moved into my new house I just tried using it and out of luck I found that it worked.

I have looked through various forums to see what my problems could be and the most talked about things seem to be ?proxys? Firewalls and microsoft updates which are all things I really dont have much of a clue about,

Hopefully someone out there may have an insight as to what is going on with my laptop and would be willing to give me a helping hand which would be very much appreciated.

Here are some other things that may be useful for diagnosing my problem:

IE Product Version: 7.00.6000.16386
Norton Internet security Version: 10.1.0.26
Acer Aspire 5633 Laptop