Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

LG Lotus v. Samsung Rant?

I was wondering what features the Lotus has that the Rant doesn't, if any? (Not including the difference in design)

Unregistered
    I have the lotus, and my boyfriend has the rant.

I can download ringtones, whereas he cannot.

To me, that's the most important thing. The ability to change.

Unregistered
    The lotus and rant are pretty much the same - HOWEVER:

The Lotus has 80mb of ram as opposed to the 24mb on the Rant. This is why the lotus outperforms a Rant in web browsing and navigation. The simple fact is - the more RAM a phone has, the better it's going to work. It also comes with a larger starter microSD card (512mb versus 256mb) and has a much larger display.

The Lotus also has a full fledged email client - meaning you can manually set up an email for any POP3 or IMAP account and not be stuck just with the more common presets such as yahoo mail, aol, etc. Rant is just stuck with presets.

Lastly the Lotus is also data capable, mean it can be used as a modem. Can't do that with the Rant.

Both models are nice phones - but it depends on one's needs. I think the Rant appeals more to people who have more trivial needs - IE text messaging and download ringtones. The Lotus basically is about the smartest dumb phone out there before you step up to something like a Blackberry. It's a solid alternative to those interested a full fledged PDA but don't want to pay the ridiculously high data pack rates associated with such devices.

I've personally never liked the pullout keyboard design (as found on the Rant) it just leaves a better chance for it to get broken. The Lotus is a clam shell style which also could get broken, however flip designs like that are a lot less prone to damage.

I personally prefer the Lotus over the Rant - but both are good choices depending on what your needs are.