UFC light-heavy 16 man grand-prix (with spider)?

orzoff

Nov 19, 2008
(1) Forrest Griffin vs.
(16) Eric Shafer

(8) Rich Franklin vs.
(9) Chuck Liddell

(4) Lyoto Machida vs.
(13) Matt Hamill

(5) Rampage Jackson vs.
(12) Luiz Cane

(2) Anderson Silva vs.
(15) Keith Jardine

(7) Dan Henderson vs.
(10) Stephan Bonnar

(3) Rashad Evans vs.
(14) Brandon Vera

(6) Mauricio "Showgun" Rua vs.
(11) Wanderlei Silva

who wins each match and ultimately the tourney?

Forrest over Eric Shafer via TKO due to strikes.

Franklin vs. Liddell is fascinating. I have to say Liddell because Franklin will likely press the action allowing Chuck to counter-strike which is his specialty.

Lyota Machida outclasses Hamill and makes quick work of him.

Luiz Cane upsets Rampage with superior wrestling and ground skills.

Spider over Keith Jardine. He's just way too quick for the bigger Jardine. Stick and Move all day.

Henderson frustrates Bonnar by taking this one to the ground and keeping it there.

Evans over Vera in a very interesting match. Vera has the athleticism to hang in there but I think Evans can still take him down at will.

Showgun Rua over Wanderlei in a clash of styles that sees Rua submit the ax murderor in the first round.
ROUND 2

Forrest over Chuck Liddell in an exciting match-up that really could go either way because Forrest will likely play into Chuck's strength and press the action allowing Liddell to counter-strike. I give the slight edge to Forrest because Liddell's skills look to be declining.

Lyoto Machida over Luiz Cane in a very exciting match.

Spider Silva over Henderson again.

Rashad over Showgun Rua in a boring match.

SEMIFINALS

Forrest over Lyoto Machida in a very exciting match in which Machida is winning on all scorecards until Forrest scrambles to put together a late flurry for a TKO.

Spider vs. Rashad Evans. Wow! I have to say Spider. He has the overall superior skill set.

FINALS

Forrest vs. Spider. Wow Again! Again I have to go with Spider based on superior skills.

Back