I have no idea what to do! My husbands best friend and I are in love. The problem is that
1. He is my Husbands Bestfriend since highschool
2. He is my best friends husband

I am so lost. I have liked him for the last 2 years, and he said he did, but couldnt express it, because of the situation. We want to be together, but i'm a softie and am afraid of hurting my husband and my best friend. I just keep asking myself "is it worth it, to be happy". I am currently in a bad marriage. He verbally abuses me, but I love him, and don't want to see him hurt. If I decide to leave him for his friend, he won't have anyone to talk to about it, and I am afriad of what will happen to him. I care acout him, but after 2 years of put-downs I just don't love him like that anymore.

What he heck should I do?
He has a kid with my bestfriend and they have been married for 5 years. My husband and I have been married for 2 years and don't have any kids. There is no "working it out" between my husband and I. The only reason i'm with him now is because my family lives a long ways away, and because of the oilfield, I cant afford to live in an apartment. I have a good job that makes alot of money, especially in my area. Its just not enough to support myself. With my job, I work around 60 hours a week. I am not allowed by my company to get another job. That is not why I love him. I love him, because he is everything I have been looking for in a man. This past week was when we told eachother how we feel. He's a good guy. My best friend only complains about the things that I just happen to find to be good qualities about him. He's what I wan't and I'm what he wants... Its just so complicated. I dont know where to go from here. We have talked about being together and we really want to be, were just afraid hurting our friends. 2 years ago they were in the process of getting a divorce, then She found out that she was pregnant, and they decided to stay together. Both of them are unhappy also

I'm sure when you read this story, you think that he's some punk who just wants to use me. But he is not, he is a great man. A little on the dorky side, but i'm a dork sometimes too. Hope this clears up any questions .