Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is my Bearded Dragon Okay?

Okay, so i just bought a bearded dragon last thursday and i had everything ready for him but then one of our fish got sick and right now
    that fish is using up the tank my beardie should be in. so i bought a mini tank meanwhile the fish gets better. I have my bearded dragon in the sun so he can absorb the heat. he just ate 2 crickets, but doesn't want to eat his veggies. right now that i went to check up on him he had his mouth opened which i've read is fine for bearded dragons. but as i was handling him he looked skinnier than usual and was breathing very fast. He's active because he's running all over the tank. but i just want to know if it's that he's hungry or if something is wrong with him. anybody with experience please help.

Forgot to mention that this is my very first pet and i've never seen him drink water. I've tried giving him but he doesn't take it. and he does have a dish of water at all times that i frequently change.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://petcaretips.net/health-bearded-dragon-lizard.html

I found this site helpful...... read up on beardies as much as possible . Make sure you have the right heating and UV light, as well as appropriate food.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He is in a mini tank and you keep it in the sun to absorb heat?!

Get him a proper 4 foot long by 2 foot deep *wooden* enclosure with a glass front.

Describe the rest of your setup to me...
    Do you have a basking spot bulb?
    Do you have a UVB 10.0 tube?
    What substrate is he on?
    What are his temperatures?
    What are you feeding him?

I think that there is something wrong with him, simply because i do not feel you are providing him with everything he needs... did you do any research at all?

Or did you just go into a shop and buy a bearded dragon and stick it in a tank?

He is running all over the tank because he is not happy with his environment.

He is skinny because he does not have the correct environment and food.

He is gaping because he is scared and maybe too hot.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!