Are my future goals/dreams possible?

ANONYMOUS

May 11, 2008
I am a high school freshman and I want to aim to go to Princeton University and study astrophysics but if I can't I'm pretty sure I can make it to UT Austin and study astronomy. After I graduate college I want to join the Navy and become a pilot. Can I become a pilot if I study astronomy or astrophysics? I would eventually like to get a PhD from UT Austin for sure. If I joined the Navy would I need to know how to swim? After all that I would like to try and work at NASA and want to become an astronaut. After all that would it be possible later in life to become a dentist? I am completely serious about all this. If you have any information please answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have no idea about any of those occupations or there requirements, but I do know that anything is possible. Yes, it's cliche and corny, but honestly it is true. Strive for what you want and keep an eye on it. Even if you don't get to do everything on your bucket list at least you can say you tried.

Yes you can be both an astrophysicist and be one in the Navy. If you joined the Navy, I am pretty sure you need to learn to swim. Why be a dentist? Do what you want to do? Being an astrophysicist and a dentist are 2 different fields. But hey if thats what you want. Go for it. Work hard in math (and I mean very hard), chemistry, physics, and bio. The sky is the limit.

Good luck.

Back