Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are my future goals/dreams possible?

I am a high school freshman and I want to aim to go to Princeton University and study astrophysics but if I can't I'm pretty sure I can make it to UT Austin and study astronomy. After I graduate college I want to join the Navy and become a pilot. Can I become a pilot if I study astronomy or astrophysics? I would eventually like to get a PhD from UT Austin for sure. If I joined the Navy would I need to know how to swim? After all that I would like to try and work at NASA and want to become an astronaut. After all that would it be possible later in life to become a dentist? I am completely serious about all this. If you have any information please answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes You Can!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea about any of those occupations or there requirements, but I do know that anything is possible. Yes, it's cliche and corny, but honestly it is true. Strive for what you want and keep an eye on it. Even if you don't get to do everything on your bucket list at least you can say you tried.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you can be both an astrophysicist and be one in the Navy. If you joined the Navy, I am pretty sure you need to learn to swim. Why be a dentist? Do what you want to do? Being an astrophysicist and a dentist are 2 different fields. But hey if thats what you want. Go for it. Work hard in math (and I mean very hard), chemistry, physics, and bio. The sky is the limit.

Good luck.