Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems as thought the straight oppositions way of coming to the table to "talk" is by proposing and passing anti gay laws.

How long are we supposed to ask nicely and wait for our rights to be restored?

L

Downloads
    Uploads
    With all due respect, folks sitting on their hands and hoping things will get better hasn't worked so well. If a person is passionate about equality it's kind of hard for me to "refuse to listen". If a person isn't passionate about equality it's kind of hard for me to understand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If those who voted YES could get their heads out of their butts and their fingers out of their ears for just five measley minutes, a "meaningful dialogue" WOULD be possible. But how do you expect that to happen if you're going to pull out the Bible and start reading from Leviticus because you can't deal with someone whose way of life doesn't mirror yours exactly?

If you could just grow up, even temporarily and deal with the issue logically instead of emotionally, it wouldn't be the mess it is now. But don't think for a second that closing yourself off from opposing viewpoints will achieve anything any more than the "screaming" you refer to will.

And for the record, I think the whole Prop 8 thing has less to do with denying gay rights and more to do with being a "consolation prize" for the Right. The GOP did everything in their impotent power - including playing the fear card, the race card and the 'inexperience' card - to see to it that Senator Barack 'HUSSEIN' Obama would never become our 44th President. And they blew it.

So you had to win SOMETHING. And you picked Proposition 8 as the battle you thought you could win. You did, and now you're gloating. But here's the thing: A BLACK MAN IS STILL PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, AND WILL BE FOR FOUR YEARS AFTER BUSH SLINKS OUT OF 1600 PENN. AVE.

Want people to stop screaming? Stop pouting and sulking in your corner and grow up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope for gay rights.

Junior Member gochefstGeotisbackt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since when was demonstrating an issue? Buddy, let me tell you if someone took something you took for granted away from you you'd put on your angry pants and get on the street too. Don't presume to preach to people that are peacefully demonstrating to let their displeasure be known. This is America, Jack.

We are communicating through many different forms of media and many legal avenues. YOU ARENT LISTENING ANYWAY, otherwise you would already have heard the message. All we can do to you is sigh and give you up as a lost cause.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Part of the problem is confusion of what the issue really is.

It's not about equality, they have that.
    It's not about civil rights, the two don't compare.

Perhaps that's why they are so frustrated and act so silly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the problem. Proponents of Proposition 8 got their way (for the time being), and just expected us to go back into our closets because of it. It's not going to happen... and peaceful talks and protests accomplish nothing.

Gotta be in their faces. If there's one thing politicians respond to, it's pressure. I only wish more GLBTs would come out kicking and screaming.

?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the demonstrations have been peaceful.
    I went to the one last Saturday in DC. There wasn't a single person who was arrested. People weren't screaming or yelling.

However, the right wing media out there is always looking for a few "radical homosexual activists" to plaster on the front page of their news publications. ugh. It gets old.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont give us a reason to yell then we will talk..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12