Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member haruhi_natural_rookie's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who else thinks this about Twilight(spoilers) rant?

I like the books, however, I can see what the critics are on about with the mary-sue stuff more so since Renesmee was born....her speeding brain annoys me....and Jacob was being such a damned asshole most of the books and so was Edward....I don't know what Bella would forgive either one of them. Anyway, I tried to stick up for the books saying that it was cause it was all from Bella's POV but yeah...last book kinda killed my opinion on that. Anyone else believe these books would have just been better off on a free site like fanfiction.net as a original story rather then an actual book....since Twilight was able to be published I don't see why BETTER authors that I've seen on fanfiction sites haven't become published x.x I think even I could come up with some stuff....the glitering thing didnt bug me till I read they shot out rainbows.....
    I know fanfiction means written by fans, what I said was that it could be on the site as original fiction.

I loved the books I laughed a lot and i screwed my brain over by seeing the movie trailer first and only see Robert as Edward x.x but the last book even though I laughed like hell over the way she mentioned their sex, I thought Bella's one horny girl to risk her life to have sex as a human.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This poor, poor book. The majority of it's fans are under 15 years old...and everyone's going nuts to prove how bad it is.
    I'm not trying to say it's great. Or that Stephenie Meyer is a genius. Or anything of the sort.
    All she did was write a book for Young Adults. Meaning adolescent girls. And suddenly everyone's pissed because it doesn't match up to the great romance stories that she referenced in her books.

Not all books are going to be the greatest thing we've ever read..it's an addicting book for young girls who fall for the main character, because he's impossibly sweet and perfect.

And I'm not going to ask any more from them.

NOTE--This excludes Breaking Dawn. That was utter crap through and through, and just ridiculous. Everything up there pertains to books 1-3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol, some of the things she put in there are a bit off, but I still liked the books. I really hate all the little teenyboppers who want to marry Edward and think he's real and hot. How dumb could you be?

Downloads
    Uploads
    In all honesty Breaking Dawn DID read like a fanfiction. Meyer seemed more like a fan girl herself than an actual author. All of a sudden Eddie and Bella are having sex like crazy and Bella gives birth to the "advanced" succubus of the century. Not to mention the HUGE drawn out scene of the stupid Volturi and a lot of staring at each other at the end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, fan fiction is for already written books, written by FANS you see.

Yes, I agree about Renesmee and Jacob, and Edward was mean in New Moon but it was just to protect Bella.

And with the whole Stpehenie-Meyer-Is-a-bad-author, you can't really begrudge her success, you know? I mean, Twilight was good, but the rest of them were lame, but still, it just depends on your opinions or preferences.

KILL JACOB BLACK - JOIN THE PETITION

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read a great deal of much better fanfiction than Twilight. I'd go as far as to say I think I've written better fanfiction than Twilight.

I have absolutely no idea how it ever got published. Bits of it are just hilariously bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i got so bored towards the end of the last book, all that stuff about the volturi really didn't need to be there... Stephanie Mayer has good ideas but she just doesn't know how to put them down on paper