Is this a sign of future abuse problem and can relationships be fixed?

Wendy

May 14, 2008
I kiss my baby almost everywhere except the lips. I find it disturbing when his father goes right in on the lips. His brother and him engaged in inappropriate contact (bj's) when he was 9 and his brother 13, and I think there may be a lot more that he has not told me. So, I don't know if this is normal or if I should be afraid.
In a connected line of thought, I am currently thinking leaving him because despite his efforts over the last few weeks I cannot trust him and have a constant tense feeling when he is around. He has been emotionally abusive. He slapped and pushed me to the ground when I was 6 months pregnant, after 30 minutes(or so) of crying and asking for a hug from him I finally said "then hit me". I really wish it could work so that my son can have a father and stable home, and I really think he has some good things to offer. But I just don't feel the same about him that I did especially since our baby was born. We tried counseling in Jan and he has suggested it again, but I think it's over. Is there a reason to hope?

Back