Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    hokuto_adam

Dell Inspiron Bluetooth Driver problems.?

I got a Dell Inspiron 1520, and when I did a system restart I tried installing the drivers for the Bluetooth 355, and it extracts the files, when the installation starts it says Activate Bluetooth by pressin Fn+F2 or use th Radio On/Off switch.
    When I try either of these nothing works..

What do I do..

Btw, I'm running Vista.

I have re-installed the drivers and Vista.
    Nothing seems to work?

Tidus Reeves
    Ok it should tell you Bluetooth on, but thats not all you have to search for bluetooth devices using the Dell like bluetooth search program, make sure any bluetooth device is switched on and in range. Also maybe a little bluetooth icon should appear somewhere on the laptop near the keyboard. There should be a dell application which allows you to look for devices. I'm not sure what program as i ditched dells but there should be. Like the same program used for wireless.

Polo
    Try reinstalling the drivers....

Unregistered

blue tooth

Yes there is a known problem with reinstalling the bluetooth on this. Dell have released a patch that says it helps get bluetooth back up. But there is more to it than the patch, some forums talk about going into the driver as the installer doesn't work right as you know... (C:\dell\drivers\rxxxxxx\win32\and clicking on the file in there to activate it.) Dell released the patch saying that it is for people who reinstalled xp on the machine, but even people reinstalling vista clean are having this prob. I tried the patch and it did nothing to help. One thing to note is that after the instal of xp i went into the bios and the wireless on/off switch was set to enable WIRELESS ONLY. Check this out also.
    I eventually got a bluetooth connection that i have no control over......some people might also have this situation but not realise it because the bluetooth connection does not show up in the systemtray automatically! You have to go into network connections and right click the check box called show when this connection is connected or somethin like that. I think i have the connection, but because i don't have a big friendly bluetooth symbol in the sysemtray i don't know what to do with it. Installing the bluetooth is a nightmare with the dell bloatware. I go in to the dell configurator and the bluetooth checkbox is greyed out???I suspect (but i reaally don't know), that windows has grabbed the bluetooth, just like wzc grabs wireless, and i will have to try and work with it.
    As a bluetooth novice i have'nt a clue so i am starting here:
    How to install and configure Bluetooth devices in Windows XP Service Pack 2

anyone has a guide to getting a friendly bluetooth symbol in the systemtray and control panel tell me how.
    thanks.