Internet Explorer cannot Display the Web page!!! HELP!!!!?

HelplessCompGuy

Nov 16, 2008
I had a Trojan Vundo virus a couple weeks ago and i used a couple anti-malware programs to try to clean it out. The pop-ups and the false security warnings are gone but now all i get is the internet explorer cannot display message. i've tried a lot of different things and nothing works. the weird thing is my AIM still loads automatically and i'm able to communicate through that. Please help me, i'm a student and have work and can't afford to take it to best buy or something like that. any help would be appreciated

You are most likely have to re-install the Operation System if another browser encounter the same problem....i just don't want to help clean up the messes. Cleaning up the mess needs time, about 35minutes or sometimes 1hour. But re-installing OS takes only 10minutes. Make sure to back up your important data by transferring them to an external drive. You can re-install the OS by insert the disc. Btw, use Vista Ultimate if you're using Xp. In some black market a copy of Vista are about $7-$12.

If you haven't tried the Symantec removal tool for this virus you should go here and hit the download and run it. It's by far the best.
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-112210-3747-99
and it's free
and if you haven't gotten all of it out, it won't matter what Browser you run.

yea ull need one of those removers exclusively for vundo i agree with him try the symantec or trend micro tool for vundo ,,, i @ one point used this to remove vundo..... ill put it on my site for 3 - 4 days and u can grab it if u want,,, it's called vundofix.exe and ill leave directly under here;

http://rainofkayos.dyn-o-saur.com/vundofix/

later =)

You are most likely have to re-install the Operation System if another browser encounter the same problem....i just don't want to help clean up the messes. Cleaning up the mess needs time, about 35minutes or sometimes 1hour. But re-installing OS takes only 10minutes. Make sure to back up your important data by transferring them to an external drive. You can re-install the OS by insert the disc. Btw, use Vista Ultimate if you're using Xp. In some black market a copy of Vista are about $7-$12.

Back