When you have unlimited messaging on verizon, can you send unlimited IMs too?

Don't listen to the person above. I have Verizon with unlimited messages. You can use the built-in AIM messenger on your phone, or have AIM send your messages via text to your phone. Either way it is included. Trust me, I have been using this plan and am on AIM on my phone very frequently, I have never been charged other than my original monthly plan!

Its hard to say, because some AIM programs use texts and others use the internet. You have two options:

1/ You can use shortcodes to log on to AIM. You don't use the built-in AIM application.

2/ You can contact Verizon at 611 (free) and ask them whether the AIM application on your phone uses texts or the internet.

Actually.. you DO get unlimited IMs when you have a unlimited messaging plan. I recently got Verizon, and on the receipt it says IMs is part of it. and I've sent MANY ims and have never gotten charged, so as for the answer "it's a different plan".. research your answer BEFORE you answer.

It counts as your other domestic text messages. So if you go ver your limit then it will start charging you.

I know for a fact you do not get charged.
Each IM counts as a text, both ways.
Since you have unlimited, it's unlimited.

Hope I helped. :)

when you send the IMs they are the charged the same as text messages, but it you so not have unlimited, watch out bc IMs add up quickly.

Back