why does my bf keep talking about the future?

JamimaC

Nov 16, 2008
okay Ive been going out with my man for nearly a year but before we got together I had none him for a while as really good mates!!
I'm madly in love with him and can't imagine life without him- sounds corny but is true I'm affraid lol
but recently he's bee talking loads about our future and marriage and whether I want kids and how that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me..Now when your reading this then you may be thinking awww but no! I'm finding it all very overpowering! and Can't find a way of letting him know how I feel? help please! x

just tell him that, say you need to take a rest from the future for a while and concentrate on him and only him

tell him, can we please not talk about the future, we have plenty of time for that. lets talk about now.

Just sit down and talk to him really if you love him. There's nothing like understanding and communication.

Just explain that you are still afraid of getting to the old married person stage and whilst you still feel the same for him you are terrified of getting in too deep.
If he is anything of a bloke he will possibly be feeling the same.
The fact that you are finding it hard to approach him means that you are possibly too young to get too involved yet actually, so play on that and say that you feel a bit too immature to get married yet. You then are saving his ego by putting the blame on yourself.

just talk to him. let him know exactly what you said, that your madly in love with him and you do want to spend your life with him, but your not ready to get married or have kids. i'm sure he'll understand.

Because he plans on being with you for awhile! And he probably wants to know how you feel about it to so he talks about the future, tell him how you feel!!

If you can't imagine your life without him, then I believe it's a good thing to start talking about the future! If you're really madly in love with him as you said, then you will have a future with him, because true love can never fade away.
Take it slow, if you don't want to talk about the future with him, just tell him you need some time to think about it, he'll understand! Don't rush things too much and make promises you know you can't keep! That's just my two cents, it's really up to you!

If you can't imagine your life without him, then I believe it's a good thing to start talking about the future! If you're really madly in love with him as you said, then you will have a future with him, because true love can never fade away.
Take it slow, if you don't want to talk about the future with him, just tell him you need some time to think about it, he'll understand! Don't rush things too much and make promises you know you can't keep! That's just my two cents, it's really up to you!

What's the problem? Do you want this guy or not? He obviously really loves you and can't wait to start a life with you. If you find it overpowering maybe it's because they're things you don't really want!! It's not like you've only been with him for a couple months, it's nearly a year!

Back