I know this has been asked just about a million times already and my circumstances aren't completely different but I'm lost, lonely, and confused.

I'm currently a 3rd year at UCLA and I'm not doing so well. My GPA is nearing 3.0 and I've gotten 2 D's (yikes!) since I've been here (for 3 years). I was valedictorian of my high school and I did pretty darn well in those "college-like" AP tests. My study habits are alright. The thing is, ever since I've been here at UCLA, I just can't seem to beat the darn class curve. I'm already in my 3rd year and still taking pre-req's for a bachelors of science major (I lost time by switching majors). To make up for my major switch, I'm taking 4 classes this quarter (retaking my D-classes) and I'm not doing so well in two. And basically, the clock is ticking...I'm losing major time by dilly-dallying between majors and not doing so well in courses...and I'm wasting money.

Yeah, I know med school is very hard to get into and with my circumstances, its nearly impossible. Heck, its already at impossible. But I do want to become a doctor. BUT, I do extremely well in non-science courses (I've received A's in all of my non-science courses taken at UCLA). And yet, I also do well in science courses taken outside of UCLA (community college and csu's)

So, all things considered, should I be realistic and quit while I'm ahead and just switch to a non-science major? Or should I continue and hope that a non-US med school will accept me? Or should I transfer to a community college, get rid of my pre-req's, transfer again into a 4-year that will accept me, get my bachelors, and then try to get into med school in the US? Or should I opt for another science related field (optometry, pharmacy, osteopathy, etc)? For the latter two: I feel like the first will take too long and then what if I can't get in anywhere? and for last one: who's to say any of those people will accept me with my grades?

I'm so confused! Any help is greatly appreciated =)