This is embarrasing, but I'm at my wits end. During that time of the month, I wear pads. Towards the end my bottom is always irritated, but after I quit wearing them, it goes away--until this time. My bottom was very irritated. It never went away and I discovered this symmetrical red rash in my gluteal cleft. (yes, the butt crack). The border is a different color, seems to be gray. I put desitin on it for a few days, and the redness went from a screaming red to a pink, the border is still there, and it has not decreased in size at all. After going to the doc, she gave me some steroid cream and anti-fungal cream to put on it. (She did say she didn't think it was caused by any organisms.) Once more, the rash color is changed (lighter pink), and the border is still there, but it hasn't gotten any smaller. I don't know if it's from switching birth control pills, or if I was somehow allergic to the pads. Has anyone experienced this before or has their children? Please, only serious answers. Except in the beginning, it's not causing any discomfort. There isn't any itching, scaly, pustules or pus, odor or anything. This rash has been plaguing me for about 1.5 weeks.