2008 SEMA: Cargo Sock protects SUV cargo area

M_Smith

Jun 18, 2007
2008 SEMA: Cargo Sock protects SUV cargo area
[SIZE=-1] Wandering the seemingly-endless show floor at the SEMA show, sometimes you see a product that stops you in your zombie-like tracks and simply invokes a ?Why didn?t I think of that?? response. This year?s entry: the Cargo Sock. (Not to be confused with the AutoSock for tires.)

As I wrote recently in a Personal Pick, I find that my minivan does almost everything that an SUV can do. But neither is quite as good as a pickup truck for hauling loose, messy loads. Sure, I throw down an old blanket in the back to ease cleaning, but that doesn?t do much to protect the side panels or headliner. The battle scars, er, scratches in the back of my Odyssey are testament to this.

The $200-$240 Cargo Sock is basically a big nylon bag that envelopes the entire cargo bay of a mid-sized or large SUV. (Other sizes, including small SUVs and minivans, are coming soon.) You suspend the sock sack inside using straps through the side and rear doors and over the roof. A flap covers the vehicle?s rear bumper when unloading, and a clever clear plastic window lets you see out of your rear window.
This looks like a clever way to extend the usefulness of your SUV while protecting it at the same time.
?Tom Mutchler
Read about more cars, gear, news, and views from SEMA.
[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Subscribe now![/SIZE]
Subscribe to [SIZE=-1]ConsumerReports.org[/SIZE] for expert Ratings, buying advice and reliability on hundreds of products. [SIZE=-1]Update your feed preferences[/SIZE]
2008_sema_cargo_sock_protects_suv_cargo_area__271104561

Back