Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Internet Connection Help Please?

Ok. So I had a reeeeally bad virus on my computer, it deleted my registry, everything. So I re-installed my OS CD (XP PRO). Now i'm trying to connect it to the internet and I have a modem plugged in, with a USB cable connecting to the computer from the modem, and it still won't recognize the connection. HELP!

Let me be more specific -- I completely wiped my computer. Nothing on it anymore. It wasn't the smartest move. Then I used a friend's un-opened XP cd to reload it. Everything works fine now, just no internet connection can be found. I have a modem set up to three other computers, 2 desktop and 1 laptop, and I have a cable connecting the wiped computer to the modem. I don't understand why but it can't see anything trying to connect. I've looked through the electronic manuals in the computer about setting up a network, and connecting to an existing one, but nothing works. I'm so frustrated!

P.S. -- I don't know if this matters, but it is a Linksys Broadband Router.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont know why you people reformat a drive without knowing what you are doing! When you do this, you wipe out all the hardware drivers too! You need to now find your network driver and install it. I'd bet you are missing half the drivers for your particular hardware too ....you will find all the drivers on the pc mfg website

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont know why you people reformat a drive without knowing what you are doing! When you do this, you wipe out all the hardware drivers too! You need to now find your network driver and install it. I'd bet you are missing half the drivers for your particular hardware too ....you will find all the drivers on the pc mfg website

Okay you need to download either a usb driver or a usb ethernet driver.

I recommend http://www.driverguide.com to find out what you need.