Why do people hate celebrities?

Nov 8, 2008
I just don't get it. I know, like, a hundred people that hate Miley cyrus, if anything i feel bad for her. Britney, Paris, Lindsey and nicole, all of them, it's sad, they coulda been such great people. If you don't like someone because of their problems you should pray for them or support them instead of tearing them down and making things 10 times worse for them. They do have a LOT of problems, but they didn't ask for those problems, it just happened. I fsomeone you loved was in a situation like miley or britney would you hate them and talk bad about them or help them and support them and encourage them to be better people. Maybe it was their choice to become famous and it's their fault these things happened you shouldnt sit there and hate them, you should let them be, believe it or not there is more to them than what you read in magazines or what you hear on the news or any of that. how can you look at someone and say you hate them just because they have a hard life, kicking people when they're already down doesn't make you a stronger person. and please don't leave rude comments, if youre not intersted in the question, then just dont answer it, its not that hard.
I'm not saying you have to like their music and all that...just why hate them in general??
I am sorry, but you guys are hopeless:p, you clearly don't understand the concept.... I give up!

we are all just sick and tired of hearing about "poor britt and poor miley" they are rich, who really feels sorry for them?

They are just Jealous! They have no life and are losers who think that are cool by trashin ppl!

**Obama'08**Gera'bby:)

Yeah it's true, I probably give them too hard of a time, but I just don't like the fact that they set such a terrible example, then try to make up excuses for their actions. Plus, they expect us too feel bad for them. If they did it to themselves, it isn't our fault.

i think many people dislike celebrities cos a lot of them try and get attention by pulling publicity stunts and selling stories to TV channels and magazines.

livinlifeandluvvinit:)... - i am so with u, i can't stand peeps who hate on Celebs, i completely agree with u that u should pray for them and support them instead of hatin on them. And ur right lol some peeps are hopeless and will never learn.

nosilas - FYI Britney has been comin back from all of her problems and her probs were mental, prolly due to Post Pardum Depression and everything spiraled outta control for her til her family stepped in to help and know she is well on her way to a complete recovery and a big comeback in her career.

Some people always have more than one reason why to hate celebrities, especially the most big-named stars who get more publicity than everyone else. They include:

1.) Celebrities are being too rich and doing something stupid like drive drunk and probably crash into a pole, a busload of tourists, or a truck full of manure. They'd make regular people sick to their stomachs when they get wild at parties, snorting shots of drugs, or forgetting to wear their underwear.

2.) Celebrities can cause even the smallest scandals that could gain very bad publicity. This includes late movie set attendances (Lindsay Lohan), sex tapes (Paris Hilton), nude photos (Vanessa Hudgens), and even racist tirades (Mel Gibson).

3.) Some celebrities have little regard to their health when they do dangerous things such as drug use and self-harm.

4.) Some celebrities act as poor role models for their fans. Instead of doing humanitarian work such as charities, they actually act wild at parties and crash cars; it could encourage fans to do these same things.

5.) To some people, including the strict religious followers, thought that worshipping a celebrity is considered idolatry, and they feared that idolatry of the famous would lead to your craziness over them. As what the first commandment says, "Thou shalt have no gods other than me [the Lord of God]".

It's not just that they have problems and it's human nature to hate someone better off than us regular people, but that they have everything handed to them on a plate and they throw it all away to pose nude and do drugs. Take Britney Spears. She had a couple of kids taken away from her, she dresses WAAAAYYY skanky, and she's been in and out of rehab. I dislike her. Take Jennifer Hudson. He mom or whoever was killed, and I feel sorry for her. It's not her fault her life got screwed up, whereas in Britney's case she pushed herself downhill and she's made no intention to climb back up on her own. Jennifer Hudson is at least trying to do the right thing through her difficulties.

Well some people hate celebs because they think they don't deserve what kind of money they make. For example: Acting. People in plays act too and they look professional BUT they don't get a million bucks a year. Singing. There are a lot of people on earth that can sing REALLY good. But same as acting they dont get a million bucks a year. Other people just hate celebrities because they think all celebs are snobs. And other ones hate them because the paparazzi HAVE to know EVERYTHING thats going on in their life. Thats pretty much all I know why some people hate celebs.

i dont care what anyone says I still dislike Miley Cyrus.
She is a bad image for all little girls who look up to her.
Posting pictures of her in underwear online and dating a 20 year old underwear model isnt my exact definition of "role model."

THEY put themselves in the public eye, they know they will be judged and most still dont care what their image looks like as long as they have money.

jealousy, annoyed of the drama on tv, they think they are the best and celebrities are better than them

because some celebs are inconsiderate low-life jerks. and some people don't like some celebs

Us normal, poor non-celebrities are jealous and we don't understand why WE'RE not rich and famous when these snotbags with no more talent than we have, are.

Back