[IMG]http://simplefeed.consumerreports.org/rsrc/i/1/auto/2008_sema_smart_meets_john_deere__1118233/4.gif?f=3dcb3160-01dc-11dc-32a2-0019bbc55f7f&s=AewyNia7NTvDvhaDemju5DEsbnVsbCwwLDA *[/IMG] 2008 SEMA - Smart meets John Deere?
One of the first thoughts I had when we bought our Smart was how it compared to my John Deere x300 lawn tractor. Both fit in my garage easily. Both are pretty slow and noisy on the road. Both are easy to park. And both have headlights and a cupholder.
But someone has taken the comparison much, much more literally. Black Deere Automotive LLC is showing the "Urban Tractor" here at SEMA, a John Deere green, bright-yellow-wheeled Smart Fortwo Passion cabriolet. According to the informational sheet next to the car, their philosophy is "going green doesn?t mean you have to give up being cool." Along with the eye-catching paint job and little model tractor on the radio antenna, they added four air horns, an air-compressor powered auxiliary truck horn, and a big stereo.
Personally, I?m waiting for the 72-inch wide mowing deck and plow. You see, my x300 doesn?t have air conditioning or heated seats.
?Tom Mutchler
Read about more cars, gear, news, and views from SEMA. Watch our Smart ForTwo video review.

Subscribe now!
Subscribe to ConsumerReports.org for expert Ratings, buying advice and reliability on hundreds of products. Update your feed preferences