Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good point on the government's basis for affording special tax status etc to married couples, but the fact remains that while California has civil unions, those may not be recognized in other states or countries, while marriages are recognized universally.

Plenty of married couples choose not to have children, should they lose the ability to file income tax jointly? Gay couples may choose to adopt, use artifical insemination, or surrogates.

If you're traveling with your spouse/partner and suffer a stroke or debilitating injury, who gets to make critical decisions regarding your medical care, or even final arrangements? The parents who disowned you 20 years ago for being "sick and perverted"? If you're not married, your partner may not have any legal standing whatsoever!

In my opinion, the need for everyone to be treated equally under the law regardless of sexual orientation, race religion etc trumps the child-rearing-as-the-basis for-marital-benefits argument.

The religious aspect is a completely different animal- I don't think any state decision affects how churches, synagogues, mosques or covens choose to treat the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some people can't accept the laws of the land.
    They will keep causing trouble until some one gets killed.
    Trouble makers.....they never quit....
    They act like little children throwing a temper tantrum..
    They should take the right of being gay completely away from them.
    They need to get over it!

Junior Member everybody'sgotone's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why would gays want to get married? Don't they already have enough misery to deal with? Teehee...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry but what's your question?

Downloads
    Uploads
    why should you be so concerned about 2 people in love wanting to get married? It shouldn't even be an issue with all the divorces out there already. I don't think it's right for my little son to see 2 people kissing heavily in public but straights to that all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gays are Human beings with feelings. I am from South Africa and I think California is way behind on this issue. I am straight and I respect peoples choices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    People didn't want interracial marriage either. If you left that up to vote it probably wouldn't pass. People don't want a lot of things that are a matter of civil rights for others. The south didn't want blacks to integrate. Gay marriage is a matter of civil rights. They pay taxes, they are consenting adults, they are American citizens, they should have a right to get married. I am straight but I do not like the idea of anybody being denied rights because of sexual preference. Imagine if you and your partner built a life together and when you died your nearest relative came out of nowhere and took claim to your estate instead of the person you've been with for 30 years. Imagine if you have a partner that you've been with for 20 years and they became incapacitated and you had no rights to be with them in the hospital and make those important decisions, why, because you're gay? That is just plain old morally wrong. Even if you believe that homosexuality is a sin, sinners should have the same human and civil rights as everyone else.
    This is not something that should be left to the vote. There needs to be a decisive supreme court decision and even a congressional act. Just like had to be done for civil and voting rights because if you'd have left it up to a vote we'd still be in Jim Crow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The gay marriage basically was turning California into a joke too. I'm sorry, but it was ridiculous. Voters spoke. It's not like they can overturn a vote.

Protesting isn't going to do a dang thing.

Junior Member DidNotWantHigherTaxes's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why complain? Gays already have more rights than any race or class of people in the US. You can refuse service to anyone, but to hell with your beliefs, you must serve the gay person at all costs. Never mind what you think, you must bend over for the gay person, and if you're a guy, watch out when bending over. :cþ When the gay guy comes knockin' everyone must obey.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, couples unable to have children should not be married? Is that what you're saying?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast