Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can a company IT department see what i look at even if I am on a hotel wireless

internet? I wanted to know if I am using a company laptop can they see what I am doing ---personal email ---if I am on someone elses internet

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is possible that the laptop has monitoring software installed, in which case they could.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They can tell all of your sites visited by looking in your history files and temporary files. Even if you do delete the history... they can look at it. But usually they won't go through this much trouble... unless you're labeled a threat or something of that nature. They can't read your emails from a personal site... but they can tell that you visited the site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They might have software installed to see what sites you go to but its unlikely they can see what you do for example. There are programs such as key loggers that record every keystroke you make thus allowing them to see exactly what you do. Its not likely they have such a program on a company PC. As with all things regarding the internet if you dont want people to know what you are doing, dont surf/email/ etc on their computers. Its a risk for sure

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, if they install some monitor program in your laptop.