Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Honda atc 70 engine problems?

I have recently bought an replacement engine for my Honda atc 70 I evently got it running after taking the flywheel off and replacing the point. It run with the chocke on and does not rev I think the timing is out but hjave no idean how to ajust it please help

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need a battery and lamp to set the timing up correctly.

Find the wire that goes from the points to the coil and disconnect it.

Connect a lamp and battery as follows: battery negative to engine casing, battery positive to one lamp lead, other lamp lead to points wire.

You only need a small battery and lamp for this 1.5 to 3 volts if you have it.

What will now happen is the points will act as a switch and all the while they are closed the lamp will be on.

Now look on the outside of the flywheel and you will find two marks , one marked 'T' and the other 'F'.

Rotate the engine by hand in the normal direction of rotation and wait for the lamp to go out - the 'F'; should line up with a mark on the casing (sometimes the casing join}.

Adjust the points gap until the marker lines up i'e as 'F; passes marker - light goes off.

Be accurate.

When happy remove lamp and battery and reconnect points wire - start engine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dunno

Downloads
    Uploads
    the base plate that the points/condensor screw to is adjustable..first make sure the points gap is correct,then loosen the baseplate screw and adjust the timming...

Downloads
    Uploads
    hi atc 70 motor is the same idea as the honda c50, c70, c90 use the settings of them.. and make sure nothing touches the inside of the fly wheel wire, were they join points.. good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im not sure, but what i would do is buy a service manual and check to what the specs. should be for the timing. some vehicles have a permanent mark as to where it should be set at to make adjusting easier. i could be wrong .. like i sad im not sure.. but that 's what i would try.