Is being a Metrosexual a good or a bad thing?

CoolCollegeMienGuy

Aug 16, 2008
So people has been calling me Metrosexual recently. Well how should I take that. Is that a complement or a insult?

Girls is it good for a guy to be a metrosexual or is it a bad thing?

For those who don't know what metrosexual is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

I personally don't find it to be a bad thing.It's nice if a guy pays attention to his looks, as long as he doesn't overdo it.

I think it's a compliment because it means you're not gross and hairy and smelly and straight out of a Dodge commercial. :)

its HORRIBLE
you might as well be called gay
i man should be a MAN and leave the beauty products to the females please and thank you

no, its not THAT bad
i actually like it
i mean i hang wit guys all da time who care bout there appearance and i like it coz they dont hav that sweaty armpit/wet towel smell.

BUT... if u talk like a girl and check ur hair evry 5 minutes... u might as well be one. NOT to offend u if ur like dat...

anyways... unless if da person's gay, i think its cool.

btw, girls like guys who dont sweat thru there shirts and smell like wet dog, so i think ur pretty cool.

Metro sexual is a VERY good thing, hun! All of the guys I like are metro sexual, which means in my mind that they appreciate the way they look and act, which is important attracting women.

Metrosexuals usually have many friends who are girls or other metrosexuals because they can all relate. So you might not be as accpeted by males, but you should be able to make up for it with all your gal pals.
Not really good or bad, just different.

i would have to say so. Remember dude, your goal is to find a women to have a romantic relationship with. Not to be her gay friend. Women may hang out with effeminate men but they dont date them. At least normal ones dont.

metrosexuals are disgusting because a) they look gay and b) they look like girls.
men are supposed to look like MEN not little pansies in pink shirts, makeup and headbands.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww me and my friends tease metros something cronic. hahahah. metros suck!

depends on how intense you are with it.
if you're sending girls signals that you're gay (i.e. spending ridiculous amts of time in front of the mirror/ doing your hair etc) then of course it's bad.
But as long as they know you're straight, there's nothing wrong with being a well-groomed man. It shows that you respect yourself, inside and out. A lot of girls prefer it. But some don't. Some girls would prefer a deer-hunting jock who wears timbs. Everyone's got different tastes.
Don't ever stop being yourself.

its a great thing, meaning a guy carries himself properly
i love that
but i hate metrosexuality on men who love abercrombie and hollister. then its just homosexuality.
no offense if you're like that

metro is kewl :D
http://media.photobucket.com/image/ryro/superchick95/glasses.jpg?o=220

If thats your style and it attracts the type of person you're looking for then it's a good thing. Whatever makes you happy. This is America and you have a right to pursue that.

Personally, I like metrosexual guys, although yes, going too far will have people labeling you as gay.

Theres the macho, big-egoed, showy offy type of guys who are deemed by the media as 'THE type of guy". I think its the worst type of guy.

Metrosexual guys are just much more well groomed and appealing. And know how to take good care of themselves. And would most likely understand/relate to girls a bit better. Double thumbs up :]

To me, metro is a good thing because it means you smell nicely and look nicely and dress nicely. But if you go too far people might think you are gay.

i think it's good to take care of your appearance but other will take that as something negative coz not everybody is open minded. so, they think guys who wear make-up, too neat are sissy or gay.

Back