Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

KLR 650, V-Strom 650, or BMW F 650GS? Need some help!?

I'm looking at getting a Dual Purpose bike, and I'll be spending quite some time off road too! I want to get obviously a great bike for a great price, but narrowed it down to these three! I wonder if some of you out there have these bikes and can tell me how you like them, or others who have been looking at the same bike as I am and how you feel about them...

Just need some advice, and recommendations! Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don`t have any of these, but my reason for mentioning the GS is down to the people i know who have them.

They swear by the GS, but as you`ll probably have noticed if you watched Ewan McGreggor and his friend on their bikes they did have serious mechanical issues, but they were going a heck of a distance.

If i was getting a dual purpose bike i think i would plump for this bike, because it seems from what i noticed when i looked at one in a BMW dealership it would be a really tough comfortable bike, and of course the residuals should be good come selling time.

The KLR650 would be a serious contender, and on price a serious issue compared to the GS.

I had a KLX250 dual purpose, and i always figured a big 650 thumper KLR would be the bees knees.

Not sure it would be as comfortable as the GS though, and it certainly would not be as refined, but thats were the price difference comes in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    klr 650