Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

stupid gossip about me? my family?

i love my family and they love me too, but gosh all they do is gossip! even my mom yesterday was halloween, and i was wearing eyeliner and all of a sudden my aunt judges me for the stupid eyeliner, saying she dosent wanna see that on my face. they're all saying how im going in a bad direction, i dont even know what the hell i did. they talk on the phone w/ each other. im 13, please help? idk what this is.
    thanx gret answer

thanks everyone!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This isn't gossip. Gossip is usually when you talk bad about someone behind their back. What you are saying may or may not be true, but just passing it on makes it worse.

Slow down and calm down. At 13, you still need a lot of guidance. That's what they are trying to do. Your aunt thought you are trying to grow up too fast with the eyeliner.

Look, these people love you and are trying to raise you to be a sensible and successful young woman. Don't fight them so much, and try to understand that they have a point, too.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As hard as this may be to do, ignore the hurtful statements and stop worrying about "gossip." When you respond, you reward the person for being how they are. They will get tired of talking about you if they don't get a reward.

Find a time to sit down alone with Mom and tell her what is going on (she may not realize it is a problem!) and that some of the things being said are very hurtful to you (or whatever is bothering you) and give her an opportunity to know your feelings.

The best thing is that you and your family love each other, so this will work out well. God bless you!