Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Member #14ChevroletIn2009's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I doubt it but that would be awesome. I wish Toyota would concentrate on what they do best, making lame, uninspiring, econoboxes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can see how people might think that, but I doubt that it's true. NASCAR has money and power, but so does Toyota. I can't see them laying down just because they were told to. JMHO

That does sound very familiar, Tom P. You little devil. : )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, they are. They can do anything they want as long as NASCAR fans don't question it. If you ask these sort of things people will jump all over you, I guess they can't stand to think outside their little box and see that it might exist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like you might have read my answer on another question. When I posted the remark that an official, employee, or representative said from Toyota said that NASCAR wants them to win but only by so much ... it was a video that I saw coming straight from the guys mouth. I can't find the story and by no means am I trying to start a conspiracy but that came from a person from Toyota himself. I just repeated it.

Now if Toyota feels like NASCAR may be wanting them to tone it down then there has to be a reason. The guy would not have made that statement if he felt like there wasn't something to it. All of this that I am referring to is the deal where Toyota's team (and I'll leave names out for the purpose of keeping the peace right now) was busted for the magnet under the gas pedal to alter the outcome of the dyno test.

Even though that incident is not related directly to the championship it is indeed a sign that NASCAR doesn't want a team to dominate the whole season (keeping the playing field level). With that said then it could be possible that NASCAR might have wanted Toyota to back off, or maybe NASCAR was onto a bigger scandal and Gibbs and Toyota felt like it might be wise to back off. Regardless of the case they have not ran the same since the chase started.

You can put the pieces together and draw the conclusion that it may be possible BUT the truth will never be directly known.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, sorry I just don't believe in conspiracy theory's. If something like that was ever proved to be true imagine the trouble it would cause, especially only being Toyota's 2nd year in NASCAR. The lawsuits alone may bankrupt them, I just don't see NASCAR throwing races

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12