Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is NASCAR preventing a Toyota Championship? ?

I didn't see it that way until a few said something in another question...but now I am wondering.
    Would it be like:
    NASCAR to TOYOTA - ok you can win races and show yourself but you aren't winning the Championship regardless.

NO HATING. This is a legit question and could be any teams Toyota not just Kyle.

yes Tina it was...and what you said got me thinking about it. I wanted to hear other's opinions too.
    well I may not agree with all of your answers but unless you are vulgar everyone gets a thumbs up from me...so I don't know where the thumbs down are coming from. Thansk for some really good answers too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think so. I realize that TRD has a lot of input in the engines. But there are also engineers at JGR that have input into what goes under the hood. A we have seen before that someone could have a good first part of the year, and not do well in the Chase.

And like someone else said, it would real tough to get that many people to keep a secret. And when you think about it even further, Tony Stewart would have no part of it. He hasn't seemed to have the same mechanical problems as Busch.

NASCAR is a tough sport, it just so happens that Johnson/Knaus have it figured out so far. But even their run will come to an end sooner or later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I don't think so! Nascar follows the money! After NAFTA came along and put all these foreign car makes on the highways, with good value for the money, I think Nascar was smart enough to know what was going to happen with the big three automakers. All three are struggling and are putting less money in to there advertising budgets.I think they welcome the influx of money from Toyota. Nascar is not loyal to the big three when money is involved. They'll take it where they can get it!
    So, I say it's just bad luck at the wrong time!
    PEACE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, Nascar is rigged. Why else has Kyle Busch done as poorly as he has done since the Chase started? Just as you mention above, Nascar
    officials didn't mind for Toyota to win races right off the bat of entering the
    Cup Series, but it would be too much for Toyota to win a Championship
    in it's first year,, that is why , they are making certain that Jimmie Johnson win the Championship. They don't want Hendrick who has just
    gotten Dale Jr. into it's team to look bad. They throw imaginary cautions to help Johnson etc,

Nascar has gotten to the point of being staged just like professional

wrestling!

I am very serious about this. I am not joking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gee I hope so.. although Toyota is helping NASCAR in ways, I hate seeing them in victory lane

Downloads
    Uploads
    In some ways yes, in others no.

They are a private organization, so they could (think WWF) tell them to chunk it up a bit to gather interest. Then suddenly have "mechanical" problems. Either play our way, or we are taking our tracks and leaving....(sound like someone we all know?)

But I doubt it. There are too many people doing interviews to not have someone say something.

Good conspiracy theory though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't really matter, does it? Ford is backing out of NASCAR, Dodge will be gone as well.
    We'll be looking at IROC shortly. The only difference in the cars is decals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe they are............

Junior Member jimmiejohnson_48fan2004's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a chance.Kyle is not going to win the championship because he had some bad luck/races.Denny Hamlin has not had a championship-winning team all year,along with Stewart.Brian Vickers and A.J. Allmendinger have had good years,but still not championship caliber.Waltrip racing and BDR are running about the same as they always have.There is no conspiracy that is keeping Toyota from winning a championship,only circumstances,teams,and equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We all know that Toyota will eventually take over the series, they are the only ones with unlimited resources for research and development. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, they purposely reeled things in a little because of the total domination of the 18 team earlier in the year. It is conceivable that some higher ups in Toyota pulled some strings to sabatoge this season to divert attention from their overnight success. I don't believe that to be the case but I'm sure stranger things have happened. HAPPY HALLOWEEN, BWAHAHAHA!!!
    3 STR8 N 08!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast