Can any other addict identify with the people on "Celebrity Rehab" or what they are

Jessica

May 13, 2008
Can any other addict identify with the people on "Celebrity Rehab" or what they are

saying? When they said that opiate withdrawal is like mourning or grief that totally is the truth. Of course, the initial withdrawal is literally hell but after that, the sadness is overwhelming. It's like you've lost the love of your life. That's how it is with me and my addiction to Heroin. I take Methadone and that helps with the physical withdrawal of course but it also helps with the sadness. I'm scared that I'm going to have to eventually taper off Methadone (I don't want to be on it the rest of my life). Anyways, the celebrity rehab is a lot like any other rehab. There are always rich and good-looking people at a lot of them so that's not different. Their dialog is the same though. The war stories (that's when us addicts tell others about how much we were able to do and survive) are there. It's just funny. Not ha-ha funny. I don't know. I just thought maybe someone else out there identified.
I had to kick it in jail too the first time. Funny. You think I'd learn my lesson. And they don't give you anything to help. I made the mistake of telling them I was suicidal so I had to spend 2 weeks naked in a cell with nothing not even anything to lie on. It was torture and inhumane. It was all over a forged check that I took from my parents to support my habit. You have to want to quit. Jail can't make you quit once you are out.

Back