Why can't they complain?

KevinB

May 19, 2008
I'm sick of people who say if you don't vote you can't complain. This is America. You can complain no matter what you do or don't do. Can't you? I know the simantic argument, but the truth is they have a First Amendment right to complain and voting is not required. So can all stop saying that if you do not vote you cannot complain? We sound like ignorant finger waggers when we say such nonsense.

Obviously anybody can complain. You don't even have to be a citizen to complain. So you are right. Semantically, it's not correct.

I think the point of the statement is that whoever has a right to vote, should exercise that right. If one is too lazy to vote, then one should not bother to complain.

Obviously anybody can complain. You don't even have to be a citizen to complain. So you are right. Semantically, it's not correct.

I think the point of the statement is that whoever has a right to vote, should exercise that right. If one is too lazy to vote, then one should not bother to complain.

Considering the numbers of people that are denied the vote through dirty tricks. people are saying that people should be silenced if their denied voting through dishonest voter caging.

Considering the numbers of people that are denied the vote through dirty tricks. people are saying that people should be silenced if their denied voting through dishonest voter caging.

Back