Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    billy_boy10000

Why does my Nokia N95 not register my phone contacts, when they are saved

on my phone memory? Bascially my texts/calls come up with the number rather than the contact name which is saved on the phone.

Meghann
    I think you need to save your contacts to your SIM card...not your phone.

cheonsa
    that's the problem with nokia. i have N93 and i also experience the same problem. i found out that after someone called/sent me and sms, that time if i save their number,their names will apear. you may try it but it's really tiresome. that's what i hate with nokia phone.

*this is for the one who said "try to add the area code" IT DOESNT WORK for me. most of my contact has area code but still doesnt appear. i dont think he should give you 10 points for that sorry....

hotblondbabe420
    Probably because you have the number saved without the area code. I had a loaner phone that I ABSOLUTELY hated because it wouldn't show up with name unless the number had the area code with it. Meaning....the number saved had to be the EXACT number that came up on the caller id or with text messages or it didn't recognize it. A friend of mine has a phone that does that now. It is quite annoying. Try adding area codes. Text a friend...and see if the reply shows the name.

If it works you better 10 point me! lol