Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who invented the internet?

I heard that Al Gore invented the internet, but I don't belive that's true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sceintists, the guys who tried to redreate the big bang in cern, france/swissland. they like needed to communicate accross the world so the invented it. search it. thats the vauge story

Downloads
    Uploads
    Al gore did NOT invent the internet. it was a group of scientists
    Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Despite what many have said, Al Gore did not invent the internet. The internet was invented in the United States during the late 1950's to the 1970's by a group of researchers and scientists at the newly formed Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) after the former Soviet Union launched Sputnik. Realizing that the United States had suffered a great technological blow by allowing the USSR to hold the first successful satellite launch, ARPA set out to create a brand new technology unlike anything that had ever been done before; and the Internet was the result of their hard work.

Although there were many people working for the ARPA on the Internet project, there are five individuals who can really be credited with actually creating the Internet. Among them was J. C. R. Licklider, the head of the Information Processing Technology Office at ARPA. In his position, he thought up the idea of the Internet itself as a way of potentially unifying from around the United States (and the world) through a universal network.

Because Licklider's previous expierence was not in actual computer programming, however, he had to recruit others in order to help create the Internet for ARPA. The obvious choice was Lawrence Roberts. Roberts went on to lead the team which would eventually develop ARPANET (the early precursor to the Internet) in 1967. He was the scientist to finally utilize the proposed method of packet switching first created by Leonard Kleinrock. The Internet still uses packet switching as its primary way transferring data.

After several years of work, a computer at the University of California, Los Angeles, became the first computer to connect to the Internet. In time, three more computers would be connected to the internet in 1969, leading to the start of the Internet revolution.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I did!
    PPL dont believe it but i was bored on my computer one day and i thot i wish i can talk to Cindy!