Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is a salad still healthy if you eat it with ranch dressing?

ranch dressing is the ONLY salad dressing that i like! im trying to loose weight, so i figured salads are a good diet food, and i like them! but today as i was eating one, i happened to look on the back and saw that just 2 tbsps of ranch is 150 calories!!! ive tried south beach diet ranch dressing, and that tasted a little funny, so i just use hidden valley....

so since ranch has all those calories, if you eat it on a salad, is the salad still healthy and a good diet food?
    please dont suggest i try using a different salad dressing, like i said...i ONLY like ranch. ive tried all the other dressings, but i ONLY like ranch...please just answer my question...

ok so far no one has answered my question...thanks for the suggestion, but PLEASE just answer my question!!!
    Is a salad still healthy if you eat it with ranch dressing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    what i do with salad for dressing is i put fruit in my salad such as apples and oranges and obviously the ussual stuff like cucumbers and carrots and that stuff but apples and oranges give a nice sweet and refreshing taste try it its nice

Downloads
    Uploads
    1] start off with one to one and a half tablespoon servings, and cut it down as you go along.
    2] a litle salt, some olives, a bit of jalpenos all make salad tastier.
    Stay away from croutons - they are loaded with fat.
    3] if you only eat 100 calories of fat a day, that is good. Cut down on other fats [ butter/margarine, gravy, sauces ] in meals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay have your tried EVERY kind? like look up recipies for home made ranch maybe..Or what i do is i take this bragg stuff that has 0 calories!! and then i add some salt and lemon and water to it, the bottle looks like this,
    https://ssl200.chi.us.securedata.net/vt-fiddle.com/merchantmanager/images/uploads/bragg_liquid_aminos_tn.jpg
    And its like no calore for it. Cuz all it is is, that stuff, lemon, water, and seasoning! try it its yummy!! or you could try to eat it plain..
    Buttt to answer your question, I guess the salad isnt UNhealthy if you add ranch but it makes salad ALOT worse then it can be, cuz salad can be VERYY helpful but then the dressing kind aruins i..

so try only using like 1 tbs ^_^
    I hope i helped!!! ?

Junior Member †RainbowMcCloud'76's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Instead of ranch dressing, you may want to try lemon juice, or salsa, or just little drops of fat-free sour cream!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is bad for you