Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who do I complain to about animal abuse?

I called the Police about my neighbors' dog and they told me that it wasn't an emergency. My complaint was that my neighbor would lock their dog up all day in one room and the dog would cry all day and night. I called 311 and they told me to call the ASPCA..This is what the ASPCA said to me..they said "Locking an animal in a room is not abuse"..also they told me that the dog might cry all day because it misses its owner...also they asked me "Have you seen the abuse"...You don't have to be in someone's house to know that someone or something is being abused...I hear this dog all the time weeping and crying...It wakes me up early in the morning and I cry about this in the evening. I can't knock on my neighbor's door because there is a drug dealer that lives there. I am afraid to do anything. I already have had depression for many years but this is making my depression worse..I try to stay out of my bedroom to avoid the dog crying but I get tired after awhile...Who do I call? No one will help me...I tried to call a news station to see if they can do something about it but I received no answer yet...What do I do? Not only that I can't stay in one room too long..my other neighbor has a bad odor from her apartment that comes into my apartment and it makes me sick at night..she has too many animals..I called the Department of Health for that...I want to transfer from my apartment but Public Housing won't let me because I share my apartment with a relative and want to move by myself...I feel like I am going to die here from Lung Problems or end up giving up on my life...I don't know what else to do anymore..The dog crying is upsetting my depression and the smell from the other neighbor has been affecting my lungs..Is there a way out of all this? Please somebody

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ASPCA is the place to call.
    Unfortunately you have to word things in a tricky way to get them to respond. I use to work there

CAll back and tell them that the dog is NEGLECTED. Say it is left all day with no food and no water. Say that he is locked in his room in his own "waste"
    Make it sound worse then it is and they will come out and check it out.

For the record there is nothing they can really do about it since the dog is probably fed and watered and cared for except during the day. Which they are right, it isn't abuse. Laws for animals are very weak and many people still think of them as property and not living creatures.

In regards to the crying you would have to file a noise complaint against them through the local police department. Go down there and do it, don't call them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    call the aspca again!! they're wrong. tell them about the odor and stuff. tell them every detail. and to at least check on that house immediatly until the dog dies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm.... seems you can call the cops for the drug dealer living there...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call the police when you hear the dog crying. Tell them it's public disturbance and you can't sleep or something (even if it's during the day). Public disturbance is against the law and they have to come fix it. Tell them also that you suspect that your neighbors are drug dealers otherwise you would go over there yourself. If that doesn't work I would be scared about where I live.
    Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm.... seems you can call the cops for the drug dealer living there...