Do I need a contract with Rogers to buy the iPhone in Canada?

NicoleG

Jun 2, 2008
Hi
I'm thinking about buying a iPhone 3G 8gig, but i'm not sure if i have all the information right about it.
As far as i know, the iPhone sells for 199$ CAD without a contract? (If i'm wrong, please correct me) But i hear that if you are to purchase an iPhone in Canada, you MUST make a 3 year contract with Rogers.

And the thing is.. I already have a 3 year contract with Rogers and i've had it for about 2 and a half years now. I am wanting to replace my current phone with the iPhone.
So i am wondering, do i need to make another 3 year contract or can i just replace my current phoen with the iPhone and use my current 3year contract i already have with Rogers?

Also, how do i transfer all my information from my currect phone to the iPhone? Do i just transfer over the sim card? (not sure if iPhone has sim card. In that case, does anyone know how i would transfer over my information?) And if i CAN just do something like transfer all my info. over to the iPhone, would i need to discuss this with Rogers?

Thank you!

Back