Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I need a contract with Rogers to buy the iPhone in Canada?

Hi
    I'm thinking about buying a iPhone 3G 8gig, but i'm not sure if i have all the information right about it.
    As far as i know, the iPhone sells for 199$ CAD without a contract? (If i'm wrong, please correct me) But i hear that if you are to purchase an iPhone in Canada, you MUST make a 3 year contract with Rogers.

And the thing is.. I already have a 3 year contract with Rogers and i've had it for about 2 and a half years now. I am wanting to replace my current phone with the iPhone.
    So i am wondering, do i need to make another 3 year contract or can i just replace my current phoen with the iPhone and use my current 3year contract i already have with Rogers?

Also, how do i transfer all my information from my currect phone to the iPhone? Do i just transfer over the sim card? (not sure if iPhone has sim card. In that case, does anyone know how i would transfer over my information?) And if i CAN just do something like transfer all my info. over to the iPhone, would i need to discuss this with Rogers?

Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    is it illegal