Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to write a prophecy?

I need to write a prophecy in my story(I know it's cliche, but...)and I'm having trouble writing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Livvy

Downloads
    Uploads
    A prophecy? As in foretelling the future? Just sit down and imagine something that could happen. You might want to think on things that people have for told in the past that came true--Jeanne Dixon for told of President Kennedy's assassination any number of times before it happened. I for told of a friend's death at the age of 15. We had no idea she had a heart problem and she was carried in during an emergency situation, they operated on her and she died on the table. I knew it ahead of time, I felt it, but nobody believed me.

I'm not sure how you would find them, where, but I also understand there were many predictions about the Titanic sinking. But there is certainly enough material available.

Google "prophecy" and see what comes up!

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A prophecy? As in foretelling the future? Just sit down and imagine something that could happen. You might want to think on things that people have for told in the past that came true--Jeanne Dixon for told of President Kennedy's assassination any number of times before it happened. I for told of a friend's death at the age of 15. We had no idea she had a heart problem and she was carried in during an emergency situation, they operated on her and she died on the table. I knew it ahead of time, I felt it, but nobody believed me.

I'm not sure how you would find them, where, but I also understand there were many predictions about the Titanic sinking. But there is certainly enough material available.

Google "prophecy" and see what comes up!

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Be very vague, use an old fashioned and overly-formal tone, and use lots of hyperbole.

cornflower

Propchey for Anne in Ellabur

I'm also trying to write a propchey for my story. the propchey was told 22 years ago at the Prince's birth. That someone would rule for almost 22 years when a girl from another world will arrive in Ellabur. She will help the prince regain his throne. and I don't know if I need to mention True Love's kiss.

Unregistered
    prophecy r hard to right
    im trying to write one to

Unregistered
    I know prophacy is hard. the Sword of Truth books have a good take on prophacy, mainly the second and fourth ones. But there helpful and really good. Heres one from the 2nd book.

"Of all there were, but a single one born of the magic to bring forth truth will remain alive when the shadow's threat is lifted. Therefore comes the greater darkness of the dead. For there to be a chance at life's bond, this one in white must be offered to her people, to bring their joy and good cheer."

If you want to have a phrophacy its good to have the characters known for something.

And from the 4th book

"On the red moon will come the firestorm. The one bonded to the blade will watch as his people die. If he does nothing, then he, and all those he loves will die in its heat, for no blade, forged of steel or conjured of sorcery can, touch this foe. To quench the inferno, he must seek the remedy in the wind. Lightning will find him on that path, for the one in white, his true beloved, will betray him in her blood."

The one in white being what the character is known for.

Unregistered

Bomb blkjasdf