Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Jess

can i upload a mp3 song to my razor and make it my ringtone??

i know many people dont buy ringtones and just upload the music or something, how? is it possible?

muddchick_06
    I just got me a new razr v3a yesterday so if you got that phone than i dk how but i did have the v3m and it had the removable sd card in it and thats how i put mp3's on there and i think somehow my friend made them into ringtones for me.

GOOD LUCK

Dave
    Yes, there are two ways to do it. Either (a) buy Motorola's proprietary software (expensive and probably not worth it), or connect to it with a computer's Bluetooth connection. The second way is generally easier, cheaper and can work with any phones you get in the future.

If you don't have Bluetooth built into your computer, you'll need to buy a USB Bluetooth "dongle". It will run some software on your computer that will allow you to connect to your cell phone, as long as it's within 30 feet of the computer. All you need to do after that is make an object push that allows MP3s to be sent to your phone (it's one of the tasks that should come with the software).

A dongle is about $30, depending on where you get it. You can search for it and probably find it cheaper.

Good luck!