Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member strplngwarriormom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you're making generalities which reality cannot sustain. I'm a Mormon - I was well educated on sex ed and I start discussing it with my children in grade school - keeping in mind what they are exposed to at school & on the playground and what is appropriate for a child that age. My high schooler and I have even had several discussions about different fetishes and he has no problem discussing sex with me - he just chooses not to engage in it until he's older and married.

Downloads
    Uploads

What is this thing about Mormons, that they give their kids no education...

...on life and sexuality? About sexual education, like they are walking around in the dark, thinking that babies come from God, but how and what, they do not know!

At the age of 16......should they not know how babies are conceived, ?
    But I am hearing that some Christians, especially Mormons,
    have their kids learn all all about the bible,
    but nothing about life and sexuality!
    I am Atheist myself, but my daughter learned all about that, when she was 14, I made sure she was in the clear!

Downloads
    Uploads
    that may be true (for me at least,) but the thing is that even though Mormons do not teach their kids such things, Mormons still tend to have a lot of kids.

Doesn't this prove that children are not needed to be taught such things in their youth?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kids should learn about sex before they start having it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kids should learn about sex before they start having it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what ur talking about, im mormon and i know about all that stuff, and im 14. Everyone who is mormon knows about sex, we don't keep it a secret from each other. Most mormon kids learn about sex when their age 9-11

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK..first off I am Mormon and like you by the time I was 12 or 13 I knew exactly how a child was concieved and where babies come from. You are placing an ignorant stereotype on a group of people that obviously isn't true. As a parent of 5 children I am very open and frank with my children about sex and sexuality. In this day and age they need to be informed in order to make decisions correctly. Ask my 11 year old where babies come from and he'll tell you. He might be a little embarrassed about it , but he'll tell you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that why they wear the asbestos underpants?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, 14. I have heard of kids as young as 11 or 12 having $ex. I guess I win, my daughter is 9, and we already talked about it. I have heard that if you don't educate your children around that age, then they hear it at school, and if you want them to hear it truthfully, you should tell them yourself. You really shouldn't group us all together. We DO have minds of our own, you know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your question suggests a prejudice to lump an entire group together, based on your singular experience. I am Mormon and was taught about the "birds and bees" from my parents. I also taught my children lessons of life and where "babies" come from. We even have a forum in the LDS Church were that is accomplished. Its called Family Home Evening. I meet with my family every Monday night at home, and this topic is one that we cover occasionally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast