Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    PersonalTrainer_Nys

Samsung or LG LCD tv???

Hey guys, I'm choosing between the Samsung 40" T4061F or the LG 42" 42LB5D. Both are 1080p and have the same 10,000:1 contrast ratio. The only difference is, of course, one is larger than the other. I would opt for the larger LG but I've heard some mixed reviews on their tvs. So, does anyone have any experience with these tv models? Which in your honest opinion is the better of the two to go with as far as longevity, picture quality, and reliability? Thanks everyone!

aubutig1
    i have a samsung 42" plasma that i bought a about a year ago and i had been looking at an lg aswell just because i like both of there looks and they were both in my budget. i ended up with the samsung because i personally liked the picture quality better and the guy at bestbuy helped me out with it alot too and recommended i go with the plasma over the lcd and that i would apprecite that more in the long run. i would definetly go with best buy cause of there payplan. but to answer your question, im very pleased with my tv and the image is great. some digital board went out on it a few months into it but i had it fixed and no problems since, knock on wood cause it was a pain in the ass. i know lg is doing good for itself and are making better tvs but havent reviewed them lately. if money is not an option, you cant go wrong with a pioneer, all around a sweet piece of product. it will be my next. good luck!