Low conviction rates: A conspiracy, or justice at work?

iblockidiots

Jul 23, 2008
Why do feminists insist that there's some conspiracy against rape victims?

I have friends in law enforcement and I know for a fact that rape is taken as serious as murder. I think it's an insult to assume that police and prosecutors are nonchalant about such an ugly crime. Rape victims get great consideration.

The problem is that all too often, women wait too long to go to police.

We cannot put people in prison on a claim, there needs to be proof!

Also, many are just false accusation; an ex who was used for sex, etc.

I think rapists are despicable, but where is the rape-hysteria coming from?

Is it justified?

A lot of it is subtle. It isn't like cops all get into a room and discuss how to ruin a rape investigation. I have great respect for the police. It's just the mentality of society in general. There is a tendency to victim blame when it comes to rape, I do it too. I mean look at your post, "Women wait too long" "False accusations" "Rape hysteria." It seems to cast blame and doubt on the victim. I am in no way suggesting that you are a rape apologist or anything, it's just that many times, rape victims are treated differently than victims of other crimes, not just by the police...but friends and family also. I think it's justified. You have a point though, rape is very hard to prove.

Okay, I'll bite.. It IS INDEED justice @ work due to the grotesque overuse/ abuse of the word as well as the "crying wolf " syndrome.. It IS hysteria, however it is far from being sensible or excuseable..

Rapists are despicable.

Some would like us to believe that there is a conspiracy and some shamelessly exploit the victims for their own agendas.

I think that rape have been exploited, oversold, expanded and falsely reported to the point that it is detrimental to the successful of conviction real rapists.

Back