Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    rhgindc

In the case of an emergency is there a text (cell phone) version of 911?

Sending a text sometimes is faster than a phone call and easier to connect. So in times of emergency this would seem to be a wise way to call (or text) for help. Is there such a service?

blazin_rojie
    let me clear your mind about it..

reason: if your going to use text mesaging system in reporting such emergencies.. your going to consume more time than the usual.. (calling).. that is because.. you're going to have to indicate your personal details like name address..? where the emergency is.. or what type of emergency it is.. so it is more convinient to call if ever such emergency would occur..

(prank callers are somehow tracked... i think they're going to have a hard time tracking the "prank text" <hehehe> as what you have said its faster... if... that is if you're going to use it in a wrong way... that is in text mesaging in emergency) ^_^

117 to call if there's an emergency to report.. ^_^

i think... or you can just call 187 for directory assistance.. that is for PLDT users...