Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Car or a suv with two young kids?

I have a 20 month old and I'm pregnant again. I need to buy another car so I dont know if I should go with a car or suv? I know with having two kids there is alot more stuff to bring! I want to get someting with good gas milage and alot of suv's aren't that great! What do you think and why??? Thanks!!!

I'm thinking of getting either an altima or we like the ford edge or nissan murano. I'm just afraid if I get a double stroller it wont fit in a car with other stuff!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go for a car because like you said, it's better on gas. There are a lot of cars out there that are big enough for two kids. I have a '05 nissan maxima and two kids and they fit perfectly. If you'd rather have an SUV there are some great hybrid ones now. I've heard a lot of good things about the Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are some nice cars out there , and my daughter has 3 children and the oldest is 9 and she loves her little car , the only time she has problems is when she comes and gets me or someone else , it still isnt to bad the 3 children are in the back but they are not big children but she does fine right now . Her husband has a big truck and they have to use both of them some time .

Junior Member ShaunandNikolas'sMome's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like SUVs because of the of the hazards with flipping it (watched my friend flip hers and she wasn't going fast at all around the corner, not safe! and the gas, nor the cross overs for the same reason.

Look for a larger car, that is safe with a big trunk.Perhaps compare the quality and gas mileage on vehix.com.That is what we did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have an SUV, and I think it is great, I feel a car would not suit us. I mean we have a Honda Pilot, and it seems like the back gets filled, and I have my niece during the day, so we have the stroller, and then anything else we need. If we had a car it would not hold, if we ran to the store or something the truck would overflow!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definitely get an SUV. I have a car and it's so compacted with two kids plus diaper bags and such. I would kill for an SUV.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about a crossover? They are bigger than cars, smaller than SUVs and get decent gas mileage. I have a Nissan Murano.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get the SUV . They just seem safer, I had a wreck in a car . My kids were in the car with me. They were hurt really bad. My car was hit in the rear back door where my kids were.

ALWAYS THINK ABOUT THE SAFETY ASPECT OF IT. THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF IT ALL.
    Good luck shopping and have fun.