Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion is Peaceful?

Like I don't want to bash anyone religion or anything but I don't get it at all. I don't see how religion is a peaceful thing. Like mostly all wars have a connection with religion. Usaully fighting, hating other religions, etc... I don't see how that is peaceful. Thats why I don't want religion to be part of my life. Can someone explain?..

Does anyone else have the same feelings?

Downloads
    Uploads
    To answer the user's question all I can say is be open minded and respect other peoples beliefs even though you may not believe them. If your going to discredit some ones belief do it intelligently not ignorantly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    War on religion is man made. The Character of Jesus is about loving our neightbors. Man still doesn't get it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have very similar feelings.

Junior Member Hereforsomereasont's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forget religion and titles; just follow Christ! There is peace in relationship with him away from customs and traditions.
    --

Downloads
    Uploads
    good question..i personally belong to a religion,i believe in the basics abt it but once i think abt in deeply i dont find any religion peaceful (includin my own),people r fighting with eachother,punishing the sinners
    so it is a very good question i hope WE get good explaination

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not all religious people feel that way. I certainly believe that using a loving God as an excuse for war, torture, murder, etc. is the greatest blasphemy one can commit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a Catholic
    the Bible teaches great value, The same goes with religion.

Many say they want a world without religion and start insulting the 10 commandments because it has "I am the Lord Your God". Then I also hear people say they can learn these statements without religion and the monuments,
    YOU SHALL NOT KILL
    YOU SHALL NOT STEAL
    YOU SHAL HONOR YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER
    YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT AUDALTERY

BUT I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING.
    I only see violence and crimes rising as we go on. And its faith and knowing that God is watching you that keeps you from commiting sins.

Thats why I state we would have less violence if more people followed these statements instead of bashing them down.
    And can say the same for anyone with a thumbs down on this messege for it is the same as bashing down those statements
    YOU SHALL NOT KILL
    YOU SHALL NOT STEAL
    YOU SHAL HONOR YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER
    YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT AUDALTERY

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why follow religion when you can have a personal relationship with Zues...!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, religion isn't peaceful, the person themself is or isn't peaceful. Before anyone gets offended, I love everyone everywhere, I do NOT love religion. It is a word only, empty at that and it divides.

Love is the greatest aspect of God, religion is not. "Identifying" with religion causes chaos and war and it mostly divides people.

When I see someone from India I see the person I do NOT see a hindu, when I see someone from Asia, I do NOT see a buddhist I see a person, etc.... When I see someone from Iraq or Iran I do NOT see a muslim or islam, I see a person.

When I see someone from Israel, I do NOT see a jew or a hebrew, I see a person, a human being......

People are peaceful, religion is not. People are tangible, religion is not......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast